Easy-to-make, ultimate fluffy vegan banana pancakes that will become a new family-favourite breakfast. They can also be made gluten-free, details are below!
Banana pancakes with no egg, no flour, and no milk? Yes! It’s true! (For the no flour part, I’m talking about the gluten-free version that uses a gluten-free flour blend details below!).
It’s absolutely not necessary to include those ingredients in your pancakes to get a good result. This recipe is proof of that.
In fact, this recipe is good enough to fool anyone into thinking they’re eating non-vegan, gluten-filled pancakes.
And yes, I’ve included both a vegan version and a vegan-gluten-free version for you. Both are equally delicious and will satisfy any fluffy vegan banana pancake cravings that happen to take hold of you 🙂
The only difference between each version is the amount of non-dairy milk and flour being used, everything else remains the same.
I tested each recipe quite a few times to be sure the measurements were all perfect, and they are! Luckily, my family members are very willing participants in my recipe testing and had no problems eating gluten-free banana pancakes several times in a short span.
Top your pancakes any way you like, I prefer them as shown in the pictures, with banana slices, fresh blueberries, and pure maple syrup.
Speaking of mini chocolate chips, these pancakes turn into an even more fun treat when you add a handful of mini chips to the batter, or for some texture, you can add a handful of chopped walnuts.
OR…to make them vegan banana blueberry pancakes, throw some frozen wild blueberries into the batter. You can also just have them as-is if that’s what you prefer, they’ll be delicious any way!
And…are they really fluffy?
YES. They are! Many recipes out there promise fluffy pancakes but when you make them, they end up being flat, and/or gummy, and are just…meh.
That’s not the case with these pancakes. The photo below is of the vegan gluten free banana pancakes and the vegan versions are just as fluffy.
No matter which version you choose to make, as long as you follow the recipe exactly as written, you’ll end up with fluffy banana pancakes that have a hint of spice from the cinnamon and nutmeg. Yum!
If you like this delicious, easy vegan banana pancake recipe, pin it on Pinterest and then check out these other recipe you may also like:
- Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes
- Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- Berry Coconut Breakfast Bowl
- Coconut Raisin Scones
And if you make them, share a pic with me on Instagram! I’m @delightfuladventures over there and my hashtag is #delightfuladventures. I look forward to seeing your remake!
This page contains affiliate links. Click to learn more.
How to Make Vegan Banana Pancakes (or Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes!)
Easy-to-make, ultimate fluffy vegan banana pancakes that will become a new favourite family breakfast or brunch item. Instructions on how to make them gluten-free are also included!
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk (use 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk if using making the vegan gluten-free version, see notes below)
- 1/2 cup pureed ripe bananas (about 2 small bananas, see notes on bananas below)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional, see note below)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (OR 2 cups of gluten-free flour blend. See notes on the different flours below)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Whisk non-dairy milk, banana puree, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and ground flax seeds together in a medium-sized bowl, whisking enough to incorporate the flax seeds. Let sit for 5-minutes.
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well until incorporated. If the batter seems a little too thick, add a little more non-dairy milk, 2 tablespoons at a time.
Lightly coat surface of pan with a very small amount of oil. Ladle about 1/3 cup (or less for smaller pancakes) of the pancake mixture into the center your pan, cooking 1 at a time.
Flip when ready.
Continue cooking until the batter is done, placing pancakes on a covered oven-safe plate in the oven as they finish to keep them warm.
If you are making the vegan gluten-free version and using the gluten-free flour blend, follow these directions:
- Use 2 cups of gluten-free flour blend
- Use 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- It's important to know that all gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary when you use different brands. I have never used any other brand of flour to make these pancakes (other than Bob's Red Mill), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if you substitute with a different flour. Coconut flour will NOT work in this recipe.
- Be sure that the bananas you use are very ripe and browning. I puree the bananas until they are smooth and have no chunks. If you prefer to have some banana pieces, puree to the texture you like but you may have to add more milk to thin the batter out a little.
- Optional maple syrup is for if you prefer a sweeter pancakes.
- This recipe makes 8-10 pancakes, depending on how large or small you make them.
- When I make my pancakes, I use a thick, cast-iron pan. I usually turn mine after about a minute. Some experimentation may be necessary until you get a feel for it. Everyone's griddle/pan will cook differently.
- Nutrition info listed below is for 1 of 8 vegan banana pancakes, without the optional maple syrup, no toppings, and using unsweetened almond milk. Nutrition info is to only be used as a rough guide. Calorie count for 1 vegan gluten-free pancake is 173 calories. Click here for more info on how nutrition info on this website is determined.