Easy-to-make, ultimate fluffy vegan banana pancakes that will become a new family-favourite breakfast. These amazing banana pancakes are soft, light, and filled with banana flavour. You can also make them as gluten free banana pancakes, details are below!
This page may contain affiliate links. Click to learn more.
By now, you may have clued in on the fact that I love pancakes. I love coming up with new recipes for them, I love making them and, well, I love eating them! Don’t you?! These simple vegan banana pancakes are one of my new favourites and I think you’ll also love them as much as I do!
How to Make Dairy and Egg Free Pancakes
Banana pancakes that are eggless and contain no butter, and no milk? Yes! It’s true!
They can even be made with no flour, so vegan gluten free banana pancakes! I’ve included info on how to make them as gluten free banana pancakes. The only difference between each version is the amount of non-dairy milk and flour being used, everything else remains the same, find the details below
It’s absolutely not necessary to include those ingredients to make amazing vegan pancakes. This recipe is proof of that. Actually, all of my vegan pancakes recipes are proof of that!
What Makes a Good Pancake?
Follow these steps to make the best vegan banana pancakes you’ve ever had. (These tips can also be applied to any other pancake recipe you make!)
- The first step is to find a good recipe. Lucky for you, you’ve landed in the right place! In fact, this recipe is good enough to fool anyone into thinking they’re eating non-vegan pancakes.
- Follow the recipe exactly as it’s written…at least the first time you make them. Once you’re used to making them, you can adjust to your liking.
- Make sure you’re using a really reliable, non-stick pan or griddle (I use my cast iron pan which is naturally non-stick). If your pan is not non-stick, be sure to grease the pan between each pancake to ensure there is no sticking.
- Make sure your pan (or griddle) is at the right temperature. You don’t want it too hot (the pancakes will cook quickly on the outside and be raw / gummy on the inside) or too low (the pancakes won’t brown or cook properly). I usually start with the heat on the higher side and then adjust as I go. You will likely need to adjust the heat a few times before the entire batch is made.
- Be patient! Flip when the edges of the pancakes look dry and bubbles appear on the pancake. When flipped, the pancake should be golden brown. After you have flipped it, it will only take another minute or two to finish completely.
For more tips on making the perfect vegan pancakes, click here.
Should the Banana Be Mashed or Pureed?
I always puree my banana for this recipe because I like a perfectly smooth batter, but you can also mash really well with a fork until no chunks remain.
Can This Vegan Pancake Batter Be Made Ahead of Time?
No. The baking powder and baking soda will lose their effectiveness and your pancakes will not be fluffy.
What you can do to save some time is prepare all of the dry ingredients ahead of time, store in an airtight container, and then when ready, prepare the wet ingredients and add the the dry ingredients.
Best Toppings for Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
Top your pancakes any way you like, I prefer them as shown in the pictures, with banana slices, fresh blueberries, and pure maple syrup.
Some more ideas for you:
- coconut whip
- strawberries or strawberry jam
- raspberries or raspberry sauce
- maple caramel sauce
- chopped nuts to make them vegan banana nut pancakes! (such as pecans or walnuts)
- almond butter
- mini chocolate chips
Speaking of mini chocolate chips, you can turn these into vegan banana chocolate chip pancakes by adding a handful of mini chips to the batter, or for some texture, you can add a handful of chopped walnuts.
OR…to make them vegan banana blueberry pancakes, add some fresh or frozen wild blueberries to the batter. You can also just leave them as-is, if that’s what you prefer, they’ll be delicious any way.
And…Are They Really fluffy?
YES. They are! Many recipes out there promise fluffy pancakes but when you make them, they end up being flat, and/or gummy, and are just…blah.
That’s not the case with these pancakes. The photo below is of the vegan gluten free banana pancakes and the just vegan versions are just as fluffy.
No matter which version you choose to make, as long as you follow the recipe exactly as written, you’ll end up with fluffy banana pancakes that have a warm hint of spice from the cinnamon and nutmeg. Yum!
Can I Freeze These Banana Pancakes?
Yes, you can! Be sure to freeze them in an airtight freezer bag with parchment squares separating your banana vegan pancakes so they don’t stick together. When you’re ready for them, reheat in the microwave. They can also be refrigerated if they’ll be eaten within a few days.
Can They Be Made As Vegan Gluten Free Banana Pancakes?
Yes, I’ve included both a vegan version and a vegan-gluten-free version for you. Both are equally delicious and will satisfy any fluffy vegan banana pancake cravings that happen to take hold of you 🙂
If you like this delicious, easy vegan banana pancake recipe, then check out these other vegan banana recipes you may also like:
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- Banana Steel Cut Oats
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- Vegan Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Vegan Banana Waffles
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
And if you make them, share a pic with me on Instagram! I’m @delightfuladventures over there and my hashtag is #delightfuladventures. I look forward to seeing your remake!
How to Make Vegan Banana Pancakes (or Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes!)