This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Carrot Soup recipe was originally published December 12, 2014, images were updated October 2017.
This page may contain affiliate links. Click to learn more.
To me, cold weather + soup = comfort. Isn’t a nice, warm soup the perfect thing to eat on a cold, fall or wintery day?
Especially when it’s a soup made in the slow cooker and especially when it’s this easy Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Carrot Soup.
Any time I can throw ingredients into my slow cooker in the morning and have a healthy supper 90% ready and waiting for me in the evening is a huge bonus added to my day
I love cooking, but I know you’ll agree with me when I say that there are some evenings when I would just rather not.
Do you feel the same some evenings?
Those are the evenings this soup is perfect for.
- Peeling butternut squash used to once scare me. Anyone who has peeled one with a knife knows EXACTLY what I am talking about. Skip the knife and peel with a vegetable peeler!
The first steps that go into making this soup is adding the veggies and broth to your slow cooker.
Next, once everything is cooked, you add the coconut milk, the spices, a touch of maple syrup (yes, maple syrup!), and salt.
The types of spices used in this butternut squash sweet potato carrot soup recipe, in addition to the maple syrup (the same blend used in my maple spiced almonds recipe!), may make you think you’re going to end up with a soup that tastes more like dessert.
You will not.
The spice blend and maple syrup adds a distinct “warmness” to the soup. Does that even make sense? I can’t think of any other way to explain it. You’ll have to make it yourself to taste it for yourself!
And in case you’re wondering, the coconut milk does not leave a coconut flavour but rather, it makes the soup extra smooth and creamy.
I hope you love this soup and make it as often as I do when the colder months come around.
Check out more delicious things you can make in your slow cooker and if you like this Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Carrot Soup recipe, you may also like these:
- Curried Cauliflower Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- How to Make Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Carrot Ginger Muffins
And if you make it, share a picture with me on Instagram! I’d love to see! I’m @delightfuladventures over there and my hashtag is #delightfuladventures.
Oh, and the crackers shown in the images above are nice to have on the side with soup for a little crunchy texture.
I received a lot of questions about them after I published my Garlic Herb Vegan Almond Cheese Spread recipe, I had included them in those images as well.
These crackers are both vegan and gluten free and they are by a brand called Mary’s Gone Crackers, you can find them here.
If having crackers with your soup is not your thing, I recommend these Whole Grain Vegan Spelt Rolls. They would be perfect to have on the side.
How to Make Vegan Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, Carrot Soup
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, and broth to the slow cooker. Set to low and let cook for 6 hours. (If you are in a rush, set to high and cook for 3 1/2 - 4 hours or until vegetables are soft)
- Once cooked, puree with an immersion blender until the soup is smooth.
- Add in the coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup. Blend again making sure that all spices are incorporated.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- I use a low sodium vegetable broth and canned coconut milk.
- This recipe makes 6 servings, but can make more or less, depending on how large or small you make each serving.
- Nutrition info is for 1 serving (of 6) prepared as the recipe is written and without any garnishes. Data below is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is determined on this website.