This page contains affiliate links. Click to learn more.Satisfy your craving for pumpkin spice with these vegan gluten free pumpkin spice waffles at breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!). They’re crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy inside!
Back when I shared my easy vegan gluten free waffles recipe with you, I told you how after finally buying a waffle iron (this is the one I bought), I was coming up with new recipes and making waffles ALL. THE. TIME.
We all love waffles here, but I think I went a little overboard because I was so excited. As a result, they have now become a once in a while treat (as they should probably be!).
I recently pulled out the waffle iron to experiment with a new fall-themed recipe. I decided that it was either going to be something with apples or something with pumpkin.
I chose to go the pumpkin route with these vegan gluten free pumpkin spice waffles. Because what says “fall is here” better than the flavour of pumpkin spice? (I later went the apple route with my vegan gluten free apple cinnamon waffles)
I took my original waffle recipe and used it as a base. I made a few changes, a substitution or two, and voila. I ended up with delicious, soft-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside, warm, vegan gluten free pumpkin spice waffles.
They’re the perfect treat for a fall weekend breakfast or brunch (or supper, I’m all for breakfast at dinner!).
Another great thing about these waffles is that they freeze well. Make them on the weekend, freeze, and enjoy them throughout the week. Find details on how to freeze them in the recipe notes.
- This recipe calls for pumpkin puree. Did you know it’s really simple to make it fresh at home? No need for the canned stuff! Here’s how to make homemade pumpkin puree.
- Use this simple tip to keep your waffles warm and fluffy on the inside and crisp on the inside while you finish cooking the whole batch!
- It’s important to know that different gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary when you use different blends. I have never used any other brand of flour to make these waffles (other than Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose gluten free flour with the red label (not the blue!), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if ingredients are substituted.
Serve your pumpkin spice waffles with just pure maple syrup (how I like them!), dress them up a bit with vanilla bean coconut whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or with your choice of fresh fruit.
They’re delicious any way you choose to have them!
If you like this waffle recipe, you may also like these:
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Waffles
- Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Vegan Gluten Free Gingerbread Waffles
- Vegan Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Waffles
- Vegan Banana Waffles
Click here for more delicious vegan gluten free breakfast ideas!
How to Make Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Satisfy your craving for pumpkin spice with these vegan gluten free pumpkin spice waffles at breakfast. Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy inside!
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (any type of non-dairy milk will work, I use almond)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (I use Bob's Red Mill with the red label, please see note below)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Turn oven on to "warm" setting or to 200F to keep your finished waffles warm and crispy (see link to directions for this tip above).
- Turn on waffle maker to desired temperature setting. Setting will vary depending on your waffle maker and how you prefer your waffles.
- Whisk almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, ground flax seeds, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree together in a medium-sized bowl, whisking enough to incorporate the flax seeds. Let sit for 5-minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well until incorporated.
- Ladle enough waffle mixture into your waffle maker so the bottom of the waffle maker is filled. Close waffle maker and cook according to your maker's directions.
- This recipe makes 4 standard sized round waffles.
- These waffles freeze very well. Simply cool the waffles after they have been made, cut into quarters, and freeze. When ready, heat in your toaster, oven, or toaster oven.
- It's important to know that different gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary when you use different blends. I have never used any other brand of flour to make these waffles (other than Bob's Red Mill, the one with the red label, not the blue, the one you see in that link), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if ingredients are substituted.
- This recipe will NOT work with coconut flour.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 of 4 waffles without syrup or any other garnishes. Info is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.