Do you ever get a sugar craving and even though those cookies or that piece of chocolate sound perfect, you want to have something a little more nutritious? If so, then this recipe for no bake walnut coconut hemp seed bites is for you! Just one (yes! just one!) will do the trick and send your sweet craving packing.
When coming up with the combination for these bites, walnuts were at the top of the list. A favourite snack of mine is a pitted date with a whole walnut stuffed inside which is why I have included some roughly chopped walnuts in addition to the ground walnuts—for the crunch and texture.
Not only will these walnut coconut hemp seed bites fix your sweet craving, they’re also packed with hemp seeds and shredded coconut. So in addition to all of the good things you’ll be getting from the dates, you’ll also benefit from the good stuff hemp seeds, walnuts, and dried coconut have to offer.
When I make these, I make them on the weekend (bonus that they’re no bake, so no need to turn the oven on!), store them in a glass container in the fridge, and grab one when a sweet craving hits during the week.
So save the cookies and chocolate for a future craving (because, let’s be honest, cookies and chocolate will always have a place in our lives!) and this time, calm your sweet tooth with a walnut coconut hemp seed bite!
Try these other more nutritious recipes the next time you’re looking for something to cure an afternoon (or any time!) craving:
This page may contain affiliate links. Click to learn more. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make Walnut Coconut Hemp Seed Bites
Walnut Coconut Hemp Seed Bites
- 1 cup whole raw walnuts
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup whole raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut (fresh or dried, see note below)
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- Place 1 cup of whole raw walnuts into your food processor and process until crumbly and no large chunks remain.
- Add the dates and process until the dates are chopped and has combined with the walnuts.
- Add the roughly chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, and hemp seeds to the processor and pulse until everything is combined.
- Remove mixture from processor and put into a small bowl.
- Scoop mixture using a tablespoon and use your hands to roll into a ball.
- Continue until all of the mixture is used up.
- This recipe makes 15 x 1.5" servings, but feel free to make yours smaller and stretch the batch a little further.
- Fresh or dried coconut will both work fine in this recipe. Click to learn how to crack open and use a whole coconut.