Curried Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup
A vegan slow cooker curried cauliflower sweet potato soup that is easy to make and is the perfect lunch or supper for chilly fall and winter days.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 15 mins
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 medium-sized carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- coconut milk (for garnish, optional)
Add the cauliflower, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and broth to the slow cooker. Set to low and let cook for 6 hours. (If you are in a rush, set to high and cook for 3 1/2 - 4 hours or until vegetables are soft)
Once cooked, puree with an immersion blender until the soup is smooth.
Add in the coconut milk, 1 tsp of curry, and the cumin. Blend again making sure that all spices are incorporated. If you'd like, add more curry to taste.
Season with salt, to taste.
If using coconut milk for garnish, drop a tablespoon of coconut milk in the center of each bowl of soup.
- I use a low sodium vegetable broth and canned coconut milk.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 of 6 servings and is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 344mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 322% | Vitamin C: 94% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 5%