Chickpea Chicken Salad
Delicious, quick, and easy chickpea chicken salad that you're going to love! Turn it into sandwiches or eat with crackers or on lettuce wraps. This recipe is 100% vegan and will have you looking forward to lunch time.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas (one 19oz / 540ml can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry dill (or 2-3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard (or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (see above or below for how to make without mayo)
Add chickpeas to a large bowl and mash using a fork or a potato masher. Mash until there are still some chickpea pieces remaining, you don't want to mash into a paste. See picture above.
Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Please read all of the helpful info and FAQ above to ensure recipe success.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Recipe will make 2 cups of chickpea chicken salad and will make 4-6 sandwiches. I like to use 1/2 cup per sandwich but you can stretch the recipe out and use 1/3 cup per sandwich, instead.
- I use low sodium canned chickpeas but you can make this recipe with chickpeas you cooked from dry. After they have cooked, simply measure out the 2 1/4 cups needed.
- To make this recipe without mayo, simply mash a large avocado with a fork, so no chunks remain, and use it in place of the mayonnaise.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 of 4 servings of the chickpea salad on its own (using dry mustard, dry dill, and no bread, crackers, or toppings) and made as written. Info is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.3g | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 106.5mg | Fiber: 3.8g | Sugar: 2.7g | Vitamin A: 167.8IU | Vitamin C: 5.16mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.89mg