Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Muffins
Rich, moist, fluffy and super chocolaty gluten-free vegan chocolate muffins loaded with dark chocolate chips. This is the perfect treat to fix an intense chocolate craving
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time32 mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
Line a muffin tin with liners or generously grease the inside of each muffin cup with coconut oil.
In a small bowl, prepare your flax eggs by whisking together ground flax seeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar together.
In a small bowl, mix the milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and flax mixture together.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
Divide batter into the 12 muffin cups. If using, sprinkle each muffin top with mini chocolate chips.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the largest muffin comes out clean.
- Be sure to read the info above before making the recipe.
- It's important to know that different gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary if you substitute. I have never used any other brand of flour to make this recipe (other than Bob's Red Mill (Amazon link) with the red label, NOT the blue label), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if substitute with another gluten-free flour blend.
- This recipe will NOT work with coconut flour.
- Brown sugar may be used in place of the coconut sugar.
- Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days and are great warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 muffin and using the recipe as it is written, no mini chocolate chips on top, and is to be used only as a rough guide. Click here to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.7mg