Baked Cinnamon Apple Slices
Easy baked cinnamon apple slices are the perfect warm dessert to make when you want something that isn't too heavy, too sweet, is oil-free, and delicious!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced (see above for other apple suggestions)
- 2 Ambrosia or Gala apples peeled, cored, and sliced (see above for other apple suggestions)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350° degrees F (177 C).
Add sliced apples to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
Mix coconut sugar, arrowroot starch, ground cinnamon, ground ginger (if using), ground nutmeg (if using) and sea salt in a small bowl until combined.
Pour water and lemon juice over apples and toss to combine.
Add sugar mixture to the apples and toss to combine.
Cover baking dish loosely with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, until apples are soft and have caramelized.
Remove from oven and let sit until warm. Serve plain, or with your favourite topping.
- Cool and store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Nutrition info is for 1 of 5 servings using coconut sugar, arrowroot starch and no optional spices or toppings. Data is only to be used as a rough guide. Click here to learn how nutritional info is calculated on this website.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg