Mini Gluten Free Vegan Apple Muffins
Filled with diced apples and warm fall spices, these easy-to-make mini gluten free vegan apple muffins are great for your kids' school snacks or for snacking on at home!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
For cinnamon sugar coating
Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
Grease mini muffin pan (x 24), if needed.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom.
In a small bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, non-dairy milk, applesauce, and vanilla together.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
Fold diced apples into the batter.
Divide batter evenly between the 24 muffins cups.
Bake for 9-11 minutes (until a tester comes out clean from the largest muffin).
While muffins are baking, put melted coconut oil in a small bowl and mix the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl
Remove muffins from oven and cool for 10 minutes in tin.
Remove muffins from tin and place on a cooling rack.
After fully cooled, dip 1 muffin at a time into the oil first. Make sure the entire top is coated with the oil and shake off any excess oil. Dip the same muffin into the sugar/cinnamon mixture, ensuring that the entire top is covered with the cinnamon sugar mix. Place muffin back onto cooling rack.
Repeat with entire batch until done.
- Please read the section called "Tips for the Perfect Vegan Apple Spice Muffins" above before making this recipe to ensure success.
- It's important to know that different gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary if you substitute. I have never used any other flour to make this recipe (other than Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour (the one in with the red label in that link, not the blue label!), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if you substitute with a different blend.
- This recipe will NOT work with coconut flour.
- I use a Gala apple for this recipe, but any firm, sweet apple will work. Be sure that your apples are diced very small, see the image above for reference.
- Have a look at the batter in this similar recipe to get an idea. If you use the flour recommended in this recipe and follow the recipe exactly as it is written, your recipe will work perfectly.
- Store uneaten muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. The longer they sit, the more the cinnamon sugar on top will melt, so it's best to eat them as quickly as possible.
- Nutrition info listed below is for 1 of 24 mini muffins and is only to be used as a rough guide. Click here for more info on how nutrition info on this website is determined.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.4mg