Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Waffles
Spiced vegan banana waffles that are crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside. This delicious gluten-free vegan breakfast will become a new favourite breakfast treat in your home!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Turn oven on to "warm" setting or to 200F to keep your finished waffles warm and crispy (see link to directions for this tip above).
Turn on waffle maker to desired temperature setting. Setting will vary depending on your waffle maker and how you prefer your waffles.
Whisk almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, ground flax seeds, maple syrup, and banana puree together in a medium-sized bowl, whisking enough to incorporate the flax seeds. Let sit for 5-minutes.
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well until incorporated.
Ladle enough waffle mixture into your waffle maker so the bottom of the waffle maker is filled. Close waffle maker and cook according to your maker's directions.
- This recipe makes four standard sized round waffles.
- These waffles freeze very well. Simply cool the waffles after they have been made, cut into quarters, and freeze. When ready, heat in your toaster, oven, or toaster oven.
- It's important to know that different gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary when you use different blends. I have never used any other brand of flour to make these waffles (other than Bob's Red Mill), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if ingredients are substituted. Coconut flour will NOT work for this recipe.
- The bananas for this recipe must be very ripe or overripe, make sure they have brown spots and are soft. I purée my bananas until they are smooth, no chunks.
- Nutrition info listed below is based on one waffle without any garnishes or syrup. Nutrition info is only to be used as a rough guide. Click here to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Serving: 1waffle | Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 2.7mg