Garlic Herb Vegan Almond Cheese Spread
This garlic herb vegan almond cheese spread is bursting with flavour and can be used in so many ways. It's great on crackers, sandwiches, as a veggie dip, and more!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 cup raw almonds (see notes below)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (see note below)
Place the raw almonds into a glass container and cover with water. Cover, and place in the refrigerator. Soak for 24 hours.
Drain and rinse the soaked almonds after the 24 hours have passed.
Place the soaked almonds, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
Empty mixture into a bowl, add chopped herbs and mix until everything is combined.
Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for a few hours so the flavour can develop.
Store unused spread in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Be sure that you are using a high-speed blender for this recipe. A regular blender will not work. (I use my Nutri Bullet or Vitamix and both work very well.)
- Use only whole, raw almonds for this recipe, NOT slivered almonds or roasted almonds.
- Use your favourite herb and be sure to chop it up really well. My favourite is parsley and I also love using dill or chives (but not at the same time!).
- Only use raw, natural, unsalted almonds for this recipe.
- After soaking your 1 cup of almonds, they will expand a little. The soaked almonds will equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Spread will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Recipe makes 1 3/4 cups of spread. Nutrition info is for 1 serving of 7 (1/4 cup) and is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Serving: 4tablespoons | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.9mg