Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, Carrot Soup
A simple, easy recipe for slow cooker vegan butternut squash sweet potato carrot soup. Perfect to have during fall or on a cold winter's day.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 15 mins
- 1 medium butternut squash , peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes , peeled cubed
- 3 medium-sized carrots , peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt to taste
Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, and broth to the slow cooker. Set to low and let cook for 6 hours. (If you are in a rush, set to high and cook for 3 1/2 - 4 hours or until vegetables are soft)
Once cooked, puree with an immersion blender until the soup is smooth.
Add in the coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup. Blend again making sure that all spices are incorporated.
Season with salt, to taste.
- I use a low sodium vegetable broth and canned coconut milk.
- This recipe makes 6 servings, but can make more or less, depending on how large or small you make each serving.
- Nutrition info is for 1 serving (of 6) prepared as the recipe is written and without any garnishes. Data below is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is determined on this website.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 13850IU | Vitamin C: 12.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.9mg