Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes
Your search for easy vegan gluten free pancakes has ended! These pancakes are delicious, fluffy and will become your new perfect go-to pancake recipe!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Whisk milk, oil, vanilla, ground flax seeds, and maple syrup (if using) together in a medium-sized bowl, whisking enough to incorporate the flax seeds. Let sit for 5-minutes.
Heat pan over medium-high heat for at least 2 minutes.
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.
Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well until incorporated.
Lightly coat surface of pan with a very small amount of oil. Ladle about 1/3 cup (or less for smaller pancakes) of the pancake mixture into the center your pan, cooking 1 at a time.
Turn when ready.
Continue cooking until the batter is done, placing pancakes on a covered oven-safe plate in the oven as they finish to keep them warm.
- This recipe makes 8-10 pancakes, depending on how large or small you make them. Calorie count is for 1 of 8 pancakes without toppings and without the optional maple syrup added to the batter.
- When I make my pancakes, I use a thick, cast-iron pan. I usually turn mine after about a minute and a half, when the edges start to look dry. Some experimentation may be necessary until you get a feel for it. Everyone's griddle/pan will cook differently.
- This recipe will NOT work with coconut flour.
- It's important to know that all gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results will always vary when you use different blends. I have never used any other brand of flour to make these pancakes (other than this one from Bob's Red Mill), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if you substitute with a different flour.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 of 8 pancakes, without garnishes or maple syrup, and is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1.3mg