Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
These soft, vegan, gluten free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies will satisfy your sweet cravings. Try to eat just one...bet you can't!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare your baking sheet(s) by lining with parchment paper.
Prepare your flax eggs by whisking together ground flax seeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, mix together the flax mixture, soft coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Using a tablespoon (or a medium sized cookie scoop), scoop equal amounts onto the baking sheet(s). Flatten slightly. Leave enough space around each cookie, they will spread a little as they bake.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden around the edges. Don't over bake! (see note below)
Leave cookies on the cookie sheet to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
- Cookies may seem under baked when you take out of the oven because they will be very soft. Not to worry, they will firm up as they cool.
- This recipe will make 24 cookies if you use a tablespoon to scoop them out. If you make them with a medium sized cookie scoop, as shown in the video (medium scoops are usually 1.5 tablespoons), you will end up with a little less cookies..
- Fresh or dried coconut will both work fine in this recipe. Click to learn how to crack open and use a whole coconut.
- Don't buy oat flour, make your own! It's really easy and so much cheaper. Here's how to make your own oat flour.
- This recipe will NOT work with coconut flour.
- For this recipe, you want your coconut oil to be soft, not melted.
- If you like raisins, use raisins instead of chocolate chips. If you do use raisins, try this tip to get them really soft.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 of 24 cookies. Nutrition info is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Iron: 1.3mg