Quick and Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
This Quick and Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe will save you lots of time so you can move on to other things when cooking multiple dishes during the holidays!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
- 1 x 9-inch unbaked vegan pie crust (read info above)
- 2 cups pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use almond)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch (see note below)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- coconut whip (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine pumpkin puree, unsweetened non-dairy milk, coconut sugar, arrowroot starch, pumpkin spice, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
Pour pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pie crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
Bake for 60 minutes.
Remove the pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
Set aside to cool until it's time to serve.
- The pie may still be a little wobbly in the middle when you take it out of the oven, not to worry, it will firm up as it cools.
- Homemade pumpkin puree tends to be a little more runny than canned. If you are using homemade puree and it's a little runny, bump the arrowroot starch up to 2 1/2 tablespoons.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, use the following spices in its place: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
- Calorie count is for 1 slice of 8 and does not include any garnishes. Nutrition data is only to be used as a rough guide, click here to learn how nutrition data is determined on this website.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 7050IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.3mg