Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
A quick and easy recipe for Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread that you'll want to make over and over again (yes, it's that delicious!)
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease a 5" x 9" (1.5 quart) loaf pan.
Prepare your flax eggs by whisking together ground flax seeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger together.
In a small bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and flax mixture together.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour into greased loaf pan.
Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean. See note.
- Baking times will vary slightly, depending on your oven and the type of bakeware you use. I use a glass loaf dish when making this recipe. Start checking around the 50 minute mark.
- It's important to know that different gluten-free flour blends use different ingredients and ratios, so results can vary if you substitute. I've never used any other brand of flour to make this recipe (other than Bob's Red Mill with the red label, not the blue! Click that link to see the correct one), so please know that your results may not be the same as mine if ingredients are substituted.
- This recipe will NOT work with coconut flour.
- Make your own pumpkin puree instead of buying the canned stuff! Learn how to make homemade pumpkin puree here.
- Nutrition info listed below is for 1 of 12 slices and is only to be used as a rough guide. Click here for more info on how nutrition info on this website is determined.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 31% | Vitamin C: 3% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 17%