Lentil Sweet Potato Chili
Nothing says comfort meal like this easy and hearty vegetarian / vegan Slow Cooker Lentil Sweet Potato Chili. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 15 mins
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 x 796ml/28oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 x 398ml/14oz can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried green lentils (be sure to pick through them for any non-lentil things!)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- diced avocado for garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish (optional)
Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.5 hours
Season with salt and pepper to taste. More chili powder can be added if you'd like. Give it a taste test and if you find it can use some more, go ahead and add, 1 tsp at a time.
- This recipe makes a HUGE batch (approximately 12 cups). Luckily, this chili freezes very well. Freeze the leftovers or use them for lunches or another supper later in the week.
- I use a low sodium vegetable broth and no salt added diced tomatoes.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 of 6 servings (2 cups per serving). Nutrition info does not include any garnishes and uses 1.5 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Info is only to be used as a rough guide. Click to learn how nutrition info is calculated on this website.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 848mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 146% | Vitamin C: 51% | Calcium: 18% | Iron: 29%