If you like your smoothies healthy, naturally sweet but with a bit of tartness to make you pucker a bit, then this cranberry apple beet smoothie is just for you!
My berry beet ginger smoothie is my usual go-to but I wanted something a little different. I had some leftover fresh cranberries in the fridge that were about to start going downhill fast if they weren’t used up quickly. So why not make a smoothie out of them?!
- When you have produce in the fridge that’s on its way out, don’t let them (and your $$$) go to waste! Make a smoothie with some or all of it! The combinations are endless!
When deciding what would go into my cranberry apple beet smoothie, an apple first came to mind because apples and cranberries go well together…so that was a given. I added a ripe banana for some natural sweetness, and the baby spinach is a good way to get some greens (for those of you who hate spinach, it’s undetectable, don’t worry!). The beet was added because I love them in smoothies, they’re healthy, and for the colour they add (just look at that pretty colour!). And then the chia and hemp seeds to get some omegas, a little fibre and protein…and all those other good things chia and hemp seeds provide.
This smoothie is a tart one because of the cranberries, but you’ll notice there’s no added sweetener included (in this or any of my other smoothies), I don’t think they’re needed. Some recipes you come across elsewhere will call for honey or some other sweetener but I prefer to get the sweetness from the fruits. If your banana is fully ripened and your apple is sweet, no need to add any extra sweetness. Enjoy!
This page contains affiliate links. Click to learn more.
How to Make a Cranberry Apple Beet Smoothie
Cranberry Apple Beet Smoothie
- Cut the beet into quarters.
- Cut the apple into quarters and core.
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Any type of apple will work, use what you have on hand!
- Recipe makes two 500ml servings.